Saturday, May 20, 2006

 

Overheard in Walmart

I think 'Overheard in Walmart' should overtake 'Overheard in New York.' Here's one from today (yes, I shop at Walmart):

"Nah, Tianna's still sick. She's in bed with, uhhhh, I think typhoid fever. She's be sick for a long-ass time."

I'm gonna take a stab at this one and guess that Tianna (Tyanna?) does not have typhoid fever. However, I might be mistaken--it's hard to remember all of the names of my Oregon Trail kids. It's possible that Tyanna is one of them and does, in fact, have typhoid fever. If that's the case, I apologize, T. I'll shoot you a buffalo. But I may not be able to carry all of it back.

Comments:
Epitome of 4th grade comedy: naming children in Oregan Trail "Nobody," "Somebody," "Everybody," etc.

"Nobody has died of Typhoid Fever." Ha! Pure genius.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?