Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

What are ya, a puff?

I'm watching The People's Choice Awards and the host is Craig Ferguson.

Now, I can't say I know too much about the PCAs and maybe I'm even more out of touch with the American people.

But I think it's safe to say that Craig Ferguson's was not The People's Choice for host.

Apparently, the People have nominated 'Hitch' for best comedy. Can't say I saw Hitch, but I just saw the 10-second clip they used to display the movie's high comedy. High comedy because you'd have to be high to find the comedy! Ha! That's on par with the joke they just used for Hitch.

Also, when they showed 'Hitch,' they simply showed the clip and moved on to the next movie. The same occurred for whatever crap movie was profiled second, but when they mentioned 'Wedding Crashers,' the last movie nominated, they showed Owen Wilson sitting in the second row, aisle seat.

And guess what...Wedding Crashers won! Lucky for Owen Wilson that he was there, huh!

Marlon Brando refused an Oscar for Best Actor--what do you think his reaction would have been if he won a People's Choice Award? Maybe they would show a video of Brando from his home, taking a prolonged shit on the award and loudly groaning.

When it comes to unintentional comedy, award shows are near the top. And I don't mean unintentional like "he was in the bathroom when the award was given!" I mean, "Did you see the look of intense hatred on the face of Harrison Ford? Man, he doesn't want to be here."

I bet the People's Choice publicists just wouldn't invite Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Jack Nicholson, etc. for fear that they might come (not realizing what they coming to) and panic once they saw Neil Patrick Harris say "kicked in the balls" while presenting on stage. Or, simply, seeing Doogie Howser present might cause them to publicly vomit.

OK, I'm gonna go play the Doogie Howser theme song on the piano.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?