Tuesday, January 24, 2006

 

Stream of consciousnessesssesss

The next time you watch "The Weakest Link," listen for the obviously canned laugh at the end of every mini-burst of laughter. I guarantee you, the show has paid a guy to sit in the audience and scream "HA!" as loud as he can at the end of each joke...I think the show paid each audience member a few bucks to sit and watch the game show...god, that show sucks.

You know what show is really very good? Match Game. Great concept...there are always many close answers to a question. I enjoy playing along, gotta admit. Plus the wawa guitar theme song is fucking awesome. And it has Richard Dawson BEFORE he went really annoying, very effeminant creepy old guy. "Dickey" Dawson's actually kinda suave on the show.

I'm watching Dick Dawson host Family Feud right now. You know who I really miss? Ray Combs, or whatever that little host's name was. He was like an auctioneer hosting a game show. And he was really funny and ran the show like he really didn't care at all what the fuck was going on. And it looked like maybe he really really hated was he doing and was totally saying "fuck you world, look how dispassionately and sarcastically I'm gonna run a game show."...And then I found out he committed suicide and I suddenly thought, "uh...I was just kidding there Ray..."...and then the joke thought wasn't as funny anymore.

You know you're struggling with the Chronic when you can't quite follow what's going on in Family Feud.

I was on Family Feud. One of my life goals, accomplished at 19. I am so successful.

How does one change personalities at age 50 like Dawson? Did he become a born again and just "become cheezy creepy looks like I aged 15 years in 3 years"? I didn't know there was a religious experience quite like that...

Someone just answered "hutch" as an answer on Family Feud. I don't even know the question, but there's no way "Hutch" is going to be a right answer to any question. Unless the question was "make a sound that sounds like huttsh". Then hutch might be number four.

Dawson and Combs were great hosts because of the way they rose their voices on the last syllable of every word when repeating the answer. It was never "ball game" with the voice getting slightly lower and softer on game. It was always "ball GAME!", practically screaming out game. Then as soon as the X hit, there was like a quarter second before Combs said his next word. The game moved so fast when he hosted...Louie and Al from Home Improvement dont come close...sorry fat dudes.

And as much as I dislike Dawson much of the time on Family Feud, again, both he and Combs had a great dry sense of humor. If people said a ridiculous answer, they'd try to make them feel as miserable as possible..."Now, I REALLY think you have a good chance on this one...Hutch was a great answer, I'm telling you. There are gonna be 50, 60 people out there who said it, just watch!" (BAAAAH!!) "Oh! I THOUGHT it was gonna be up there, REALLY! You're telling me no one said Hutch?!"

Survey SAID!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?