Saturday, April 02, 2005

 

Ramble On

Wow, did you read that post 'Ramble On'? It reminds me of that Zeppelin song...

That's kind of like the comment I heard while waiting in line at the supermarket this morning.

'Did you read Angels and Demons? It's just like what's going on now with Pope..."

A shocking coincidence, yes. Does it kind of weird anyone else out that millions of people must be thinking of Dan Brown today? There have to be a half million or so thinking, 'Don't let the camerlengo ruin conclave!' I say we just let Dan Brown be Pope. That way he can solve all the world's mysteries. 'Oh! The password was APPLE!'

Would anyone mind explaining to me why his books are so wildly poopular? Ha! I just wrote poop! Did anyone see that? I was trying to write popular, and wrote poopular! Did anyone see that? Ah irony, ah humanity. Poop!

Seriously, though, take my wife, please!

I was singing Sinatra's "I did it my way" to myself today and absent-mindedly sang "I did it Ebay." While I'm no sentimentalist, I do think it's a bit disconcerting when knock-offs potentially become the standard and originals go to the wayside. Do you think Stevie Wonder is ever pissed when terrible samplings of his old songs become wild successes and no one knows that he wrote the original versions? I think I'd be a little annoyed, especially when the popular versions are terrible. One time at a summer basketball camp, I received a great pass from Brendon Sullivan but missed an open lay-up. I remember he said, "Al, you're killing me!" I gotta think that's what Stevie's thinking about Will Smith and Coolio.

Could there possibly be a federal initiative to eliminate IM away messages that are just laundry lists of what the person is doing during the day? 'Class, lunch with Emma, class, library, dinner with the girls, movie with roomies, back at 10!' Look, in theory if we have your IM name, we're friendly acquaintances, fine. But trust me...nobody gives a fuck. Even your parents don't give a fuck. Just do whatever you have to do. Don't tell me about it. "I'm opening the peanuts now..."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?