Monday, April 18, 2005

 

Bring in da funk

Went to a funk concert in NY this weekend...sat IN the band. There were a few seats on the stage at the club (Arthur's Tavern)...I sat, literally, right next to the drummer. At one point during a particularly ridiculous, up-tempo groove, I was tapping my foot fairly enthustiastically...and I kicked over the drummer's hi-hat.

The cymbal fell on the drummer, who maintained keeping time with one hand while catching the falling cymbal in his other. I tried to help him, since I was right next to him, but neither of us could set it back down properly. The drummer (named Scooter...we had a nice little chat after the song) held the hi-hat in one hand for the remainder of a Sly and the Family Stones tune while managing to get through the rest of the song Def Leopard style.

I like the word 'tune.' Sounds like I know what I'm talking about.

Had a rough day today because I missed the Boston Marathon. I really miss going every year. It was a great day--I always felt like the rest of the country was envious of Bostonians on that day. I still do, I guess, but I can no longer participate.

One day, I'd love to run the marathon. People do, I realize...I don't know how people do, but men and women of all ages get through it...it's a big lifetime goal of mine. But it involves training. And training involves getting up from my currently reclyning position. And I aintz doin' that.

This is a terrible and boring post, but to make it interesting, I'd have to think a little bit. And I aintz doin' that neither.

Family Guy starts again in May!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?