Monday, March 28, 2005

 

Hello World!

So, based on the wild success of numerous of my friends' blogs (wild success = I read them every day, including revisiting blogs that haven't been updated in months, hoping that a new post will miraculously appear), I've decided to try my hand at this writing thing. I make only one promise: I will have many parenthetical statements. So, if you don't like a good parenthesis on a warm summer's day, I bid you good day.

Allow myself to introduce....yeah. I graduated from Harvard College at Harvard University in June of 2004th year of our Lord (well, not "our" Lord, but there's about a 98% chance he's your Lord, America...or, a 0.03% chance if you're reading this blog). I did a little sports/humor writing for the esteemed student newspaper known as The Harvard Crimson while attending college and, frankly, miss writing on a regular basis. I've got a good job working for an industrial supplies company (I'm serious...it's actually a good job, especially if you're an Office Space fan) and live in Princeton, NJ.

While I haven't picked a theme for this blog as of yet (I'm debating 'mind-blowing shit'), I do have a topic for this first post: Paul Shirley, a god among men. While it may be odd to reference another blog in a first post, I fully admit that this man is absolutely more interesting than I will ever be. The 12th man on the Phoenix Suns, Shirley has a style much like that of my idol, Bill Simmons (although Simmons was a bit more holy before I heard the sound of his voice...take some steroids, man), but Shirley takes his writing a step further--adding personal touches to his caustic commentary on life in the NBA. Simmons has recently referenced him in a couple of his latest blog posts, which I hope convinces Shirley to begin his own blog. In the meantime, please read: http://www.nba.com/suns/news/shirley_blog.html.

Reading this today at work (only on my break, of course) inspired me to write. Shirley's hilarious honesty and self-deprication is so anti-NBA, I'm shocked David Stern has allowed him access to an nba.com website. I'm also shocked that his teammates haven't ripped him apart for writing this. Of course, I'm reminded of a Chris Rock joke about Kryptonite that maybe explains why his teammates don't care...I'm just kidding! jk! lol! roftl!

(Aside: Pet Peeve No. 1: IM language. Pet Peeve No. 2: People being offended at my inappropriately racist jokes).

OK, that's enough for now. Read Shirley. He's like Nietzche, only taller.

Comments:
Would you update this thing already!?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?