Thursday, March 31, 2005

 

But let's talk about you, darling. What do you think of my dress?

So I was talking with Cappie Pondexter and Mitch Hedberg when Nancy Grace rudely interrupted me with a rant about Michael Schiavo and Scott Peterson. Fortunately, my roommate Mario Vasquez from American Idol came home, and we all smoked a bowl together.

OK, I'm exaggerating a little bit. That didn't really happen. It was a joint instead (ba dum ching!). No, actually, my good friend and fellow blogger Ben Hart (http://axelfoleyscorner.blogspot.com/) told me that someone found his blog the other day searching for Neil Cavuto, whom he referenced (not to be confused with Refference, http://refference.blogspot.com/). So, I've constructed a new blogging strategy: throw in as many "in the news celebrities" as I can and build my readership to lengendary proportions.

It's been a couple days since my last (and first) post--have I already become disillusioned with blogging? A little bit, yes. I'm struggling with the arrogance question--why am I writing this? For myself? To please others? Is reading what I have to say even remotely amusing for others? I certainly feel a blog post should say something, and I wonder if I have something original to say. I even question this rant on being arrogant...are people reading this nodding their internal heads, thinking, "yeah! I've also wondered that..." or are people thinking, "shut the fuck up, you dumb dirty blond bitch. God! Ass-clown!"

Of course, the answer is that people are thinking neither, because I am, in fact, writing this only for myself, as no one is reading. (That's a little Conan humor for you. 'No one watches my show! Haha!' Even though 15 million people actually watch. Similarly, 15 million people are reading this blog. John from Tulsa, what's up, you're on the air. All right my man, good call. Here's two free tickets to the Boston Blazers game).

Sorry, just a little stream of consciousness for you. Mostly for you, Ben, as you're probably the only one who got those allusions.

But getting back to my point...(long pause; Alex tries to figure out a point). Oh! (he exclaims). Yes, my point. Isn't it arrogant...to use the third person in a blog? It most certainly is.

In other news, seems like a lot of famous people have been dying recently...what's the deal with that? I assume the answer has something to do with Jesus. Or, perhaps, Roger Federer.

Hello to all readers who found this searching for Jesus! I can do all through Christ who strengthens me.

I meant searching for Jesus, like, entering the keyword 'Jesus'--you know, to relate to what I was talking about earlier. I wasn't talking about searching for Jesus in the spiritual way. To those who found my blog searching for Jesus spiritually, I pardon you.

Is likening yourself to Jesus arrogant?

Comments:
Alex, at some point we've all struggled with the Blogging question. Don't doubt yourself, just write, man, write!

Also, a correction. It was not my Neil Cavuto reference that came back to haunt/amuse me. It was my reference to a different Neil, but I don't want to write his name again, ever, because the internet now frightens me.
 
Ah, the other Neil! Damn, he's only mildly famous. That kinda ruins my fool-proof strategy. But Neil's likely reading this now, so, Hi Neil! Don't fire Ben, he's a good guy.
 
misquotation hclib yogmaya lastly ranges happen taps preparation ticket foetal stretch
lolikneri havaqatsu
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?